Latest update: 13/03/2019 12:15 EET
CAPRICE PRIVACY AMBASSADORS
A group of individuals that support and energise the whole CAPrice community and maintain the social processes within: they initiate action, generate ideas, and motivate others.
- Lori B. Andrews (University Distinguished Professor of Law, Director at Institute for Science, Law & Technology)
- Antonis Bikakis (Senior Lecturer at UCL)
- Agnieszka (Aga) Cenzartowicz (Lawyer, Privacy Expert, Senior Partner SWC Group)
- Ioannis Chrysakis (ICT-Expert, R&D Engineer at FORTH-ICS)
- Mathieu D'Aquin (Professor of Informatics at the NUI Galway, Researcher & Developer)
- Giorgos Flouris (Researcher at FORTH-ICS)
- Maciej Kiedrowicz (Vice-Dean Faculty of Cybernetics, Lecturer at Military University of Technology)
- Håkon Wium Lie (Privacy activist, Inventor of CSS, CTO at Opera Software)
- Hiroshi Miyashita (Associate Professor, Chuo University)
- Panagiotis Papadakos (Post-doc Researcher at FORTH-ICS)
- Theodore Patkos (Post-doc Researcher at FORTH-ICS)
- Vassilis Routsis (PhD student on privacy ethics at UCL, Member of Critical Citizens)
- Brian Schildt (Chief Relationship Officer at Privacore)
- Robert H. Sloan (Professor & Head at Dept. of Computer Science, University of Illinois)
- Gavin Smith (Deputy Head, School of Sociology, ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences)
- Lefteris Stavrakakis (Information Security Auditor at CNET)
- Pinelopi Troulinou (Research Assistant at KMI, Co-founder of Critical Citizens)
- Dimitris Tsapogas (Postdoctoral Researcher at University of Oxford, Co-founder of Critical Citizens)
- Richard Warner (Professor of Law, Director of School of American Law)
- Nicolo Zingales (Lecturer in Competition and Information law at Sussex Law School)
Privacy is the power to shape yourself against the automated decision by machines.
Online tracking is like losing a bit of independence by every click you make
– that’s why people need ethical alternatives.
The most valuable things are meant to stay private and protected as such.
Privacy should be a key consideration in the design and use of any information system.
What good is a perfect technical privacy solution if nobody uses it? Awareness is the first step to privacy.