THE IDEA in a nutshell
- Most smart devices and their applications require access to our personal data.
- Much of the required data is given to third parties for tracking and advertising purposes.
- The associated terms and conditions are complex legal documents that most people do not read.
The Idea in a nutshell (see more)
Create a community and a crowdsourcing platform to:
- Help raise awareness to citizens of the privacy related consequences of digital technologies.
- Inform about ways to protect our private data from unjustified access.
- Put pressure to developers to comply with our privacy protection needs
Anybody can be part of our community. Watch the video and register to support this effort.
Why get involved?
- Join the community to show your support in this effort, simply by liking us on facebook , following us on twitter or by submitting your email and your country on the right*.
- Help us spread the idea
- Keep updated! We frequently add articles to enhance our privacy consciousness.
- With a sufficiently large community support, we will start developing software solutions
- Eventually, we will plan community actions and you can decide to take voluntary part
Latest update: 08/12/2017 18:00 EET
All in the name of serving you more targeted ads. How would you feel if we tell you that your phone is listening to your TV. What about smart TVs and smart phones ? The TV is on in the background, and you’re replying to a quick email on your phone nearby. You don’t know […]
Android phones ‘betray’ user location to Google A majority of Android smartphones collect location data and send it back to Google, even when location services are switched off. News website Quartz reported Android phones gathered information about nearby mobile phone masts and shared those details with Google. One privacy advocate described the finding as a […]
Read an actual case of privacy leak regarding to the DogVacay: DogVacay is a website where people who love dogs can offer dog sitting services. I know because I love dogs but can’t have one right now because of travel and career commitments. So sometimes I host dogs for friends or through DogVacay. I love all the […]