THE IDEA in a nutshell
- Most smart devices and their applications require access to our personal data.
- Much of the required data is given to third parties for tracking and advertising purposes.
- The associated terms and conditions are complex legal documents that most people do not read.
The Idea in a nutshell (see more)
Create a community and a crowdsourcing platform to:
- Help raise awareness to citizens of the privacy related consequences of digital technologies.
- Inform about ways to protect our private data from unjustified access.
- Put pressure to developers to comply with our privacy protection needs
Anybody can be part of our community. Watch the video and register to support this effort.
Why get involved?
- Join the community to show your support in this effort, simply by liking us on facebook , following us on twitter or by submitting your email and your country on the right*.
- Help us spread the idea
- Keep updated! We frequently add articles to enhance our privacy consciousness.
- With a sufficiently large community support, we will start developing software solutions
- Eventually, we will plan community actions and you can decide to take voluntary part
Latest update: 21/03/2018 09:25 EET
An article talk about video games, data collection, advertisements and privacy, introducing the dark arts of data collection and product placement. Adverts in gaming or advergaming systems are becoming more complex as marketeers resort to techniques that embed advertising deep enough so that earlier ad-blocking attempts no longer work. The market was explored in a talk […]
This is one more story about unjustified access to UK medical data. Google’s AI subsidiary DeepMind has come under fire again for its partnership with the UK’s National Health Service (NHS). According to a leaked letter from the government’s top data advisor, the company’s deal to train a new medical app using health data from […]
All in the name of serving you more targeted ads. How would you feel if we tell you that your phone is listening to your TV. What about smart TVs and smart phones ? The TV is on in the background, and you’re replying to a quick email on your phone nearby. You don’t know […]