THE IDEA in a nutshell
- Most smart devices and their applications require access to our personal data.
- Much of the required data is given to third parties for tracking and advertising purposes.
- The associated terms and conditions are complex legal documents that most people do not read.
The Idea in a nutshell (see more)
Create a community and a crowdsourcing platform to:
- Help raise awareness to citizens of the privacy related consequences of digital technologies.
- Inform about ways to protect our private data from unjustified access.
- Put pressure to developers to comply with our privacy protection needs
Anybody can be part of our community. Watch the video and register to support this effort.
Why get involved?
- Help us spread the idea
- Keep updated! We frequently add articles to enhance our privacy consciousness.
- With a sufficiently large community support, we will start developing software solutions
- Eventually, we will plan community actions and you can decide to take voluntary part
How to get involved?
- Join the community to show your support in this effort, simply by liking us on facebook , following us on twitter or by submitting your email and your country on the right*.
Latest update: 05/10/2018 13:07 EET
Google plus bug leaks personal information. Google says it found security flaw in March but chose not to tell users The flaw meant some Google+ profile information that users had thought was private could have been viewed by third parties. The company said that was because it could not accurately identify which users to inform, […]
Red Shell analytics software causes privacy uproar, over a dozen video games developers vow to drop it. Other developers and publishers are standing by it, however, saying the app is useful and harmless. A piece of software called Red Shell that’s used by game developers for marketing analysis has caused an uproar among gamers who […]
Complaint from US watchdog: YouTube illegally collects data on childrenz from US watchdog: YouTube illegally collects data on children
Complaint filed with US watchdog which mentions that youtube illegally collects data on children. A coalition of 23 child advocacy, consumer and privacy groups have filed a complaint with the US Federal Trade Commission alleging that Google is violating child protection laws by collecting personal data of and advertising to those aged under 13. The […]