THE IDEA in a nutshell
- Most smart devices and their applications require access to our personal data.
- Much of the required data is given to third parties for tracking and advertising purposes.
- The associated terms and conditions are complex legal documents that most people do not read.
The Idea in a nutshell (see more)
Create a community and a crowdsourcing platform to:
- Help raise awareness to citizens of the privacy related consequences of digital technologies.
- Inform about ways to protect our private data from unjustified access.
- Put pressure to developers to comply with our privacy protection needs
Anybody can be part of our community. Watch the video and register to support this effort.
Why get involved?
- Help us spread the idea
- Keep updated! We frequently add articles to enhance our privacy consciousness.
- With a sufficiently large community support, we will start developing software solutions
- Eventually, we will plan community actions and you can decide to take voluntary part
How to get involved?
- Join the community to show your support in this effort, simply by liking us on facebook , following us on twitter or by submitting your email and your country on the right*.
Latest update: 06/05/2019 16:29 EET
This is the most known data breaches of 2018. Data breaches can happen for a variety of reasons. Some companies are hacked. Data can be mishandled or sold to third parties. Holes in a website’s security system can leave information unprotected. One of the latest victims was Marriott hotels, which recently revealed that hackers had […]
Terrifying cyber crime statistics in 2018 Unfortunately, with technology on the rise, there’s more room for cyber crime in 2018. According to the Cyber Security Breaches Survey 2018, 43% of businesses were a victim of a cyber security breach in the last 12 months. In the U.S., the state of California lost more than $214 […]
Iphone apps privacy leak: In September, security researchers discovered that dozens of popular news, weather, & fitness iPhone apps that require access to location data sell the data they collect to companies engaged in ad targeting. Dozens of popular iPhone apps are sharing the location data of millions of mobile devices with third-party data monetization […]