THE IDEA in a nutshell
- Most smart devices and their applications require access to our personal data.
- Much of the required data is given to third parties for tracking and advertising purposes.
- The associated terms and conditions are complex legal documents that most people do not read.
The Idea in a nutshell (see more)
Create a community and a crowdsourcing platform to:
- Help raise awareness to citizens of the privacy related consequences of digital technologies.
- Inform about ways to protect our private data from unjustified access.
- Put pressure to developers to comply with our privacy protection needs
Anybody can be part of our community. Watch the video and register to support this effort.
Why get involved?
- Help us spread the idea
- Keep updated! We frequently add articles to enhance our privacy consciousness.
- With a sufficiently large community support, we will start developing software solutions
- Eventually, we will plan community actions and you can decide to take voluntary part
How to get involved?
- Join the community to show your support in this effort, simply by liking us on facebook , following us on twitter or by submitting your email and your country on the right*.
Latest update: 13/11/2019 17:16 EET
An investigation has been launched after thousands of patients medical images were found accessible on the internet. Six UK systems storing x-rays, MRI and CT scans were found to be allowing unprotected access to anyone with a web browser, according to German security firm Greenbone Networks.Some 1,500 patient records were publicly accessible due to “careless […]
FaceApp now owns access to more than 150 million people’s faces and names. Everyone’s seen them: friends posting pictures of themselves now, and years in the future. Viral app FaceApp has been giving people the power to change their facial expressions, looks, and now age for several years. But at the same time, people have […]
This is the most known data breaches of 2018. Data breaches can happen for a variety of reasons. Some companies are hacked. Data can be mishandled or sold to third parties. Holes in a website’s security system can leave information unprotected. One of the latest victims was Marriott hotels, which recently revealed that hackers had […]