THE IDEA in a nutshell
- Most smart devices and their applications require access to our personal data.
- Much of the required data is given to third parties for tracking and advertising purposes.
- The associated terms and conditions are complex legal documents that most people do not read.
The Idea in a nutshell (see more)
Create a community and a crowdsourcing platform to:
- Help raise awareness to citizens of the privacy related consequences of digital technologies.
- Inform about ways to protect our private data from unjustified access.
- Put pressure to developers to comply with our privacy protection needs
Anybody can be part of our community. Watch the video and register to support this effort.
Why get involved?
- Help us spread the idea
- Keep updated! We frequently add articles to enhance our privacy consciousness.
- With a sufficiently large community support, we will start developing software solutions
- Eventually, we will plan community actions and you can decide to take voluntary part
How to get involved?
- Join the community to show your support in this effort, simply by liking us on facebook , following us on twitter or by submitting your email and your country on the right*.
Latest update: 20/03/2018 15:55 EET
A data analysis conducted by an outside research firm, and independently verified by BuzzFeed News, shows that Grindr, the popular gay dating app is sharing its users’ HIV status with two other companies. (Update: Late on Monday 2nd of April Grindr said it would stop sharing this information.) The gay hookup app Grindr, which has […]
It’s true: Facebook is collecting your calls, contacts and SMS texts… Facebook is facing yet more outrage over a feature that lets it record you call and SMS logs, but there is a way to keep the social network out. Facebook users deleting their accounts are raising the alarm on the amount of personal data the […]
An article talk about video games, data collection, advertisements and privacy, introducing the dark arts of data collection and product placement. Adverts in gaming or advergaming systems are becoming more complex as marketeers resort to techniques that embed advertising deep enough so that earlier ad-blocking attempts no longer work. The market was explored in a talk […]