THE IDEA in a nutshell
- Most smart devices and their applications require access to our personal data.
- Much of the required data is given to third parties for tracking and advertising purposes.
- The associated terms and conditions are complex legal documents that most people do not read.
The Idea in a nutshell (see more)
Create a community and a crowdsourcing platform to:
- Help raise awareness to citizens of the privacy related consequences of digital technologies.
- Inform about ways to protect our private data from unjustified access.
- Put pressure to developers to comply with our privacy protection needs
Anybody can be part of our community. Watch the video and register to support this effort.
Why get involved?
- Join the community to show your support in this effort, simply by liking us on facebook , following us on twitter or by submitting your email and your country on the right*.
- Help us spread the idea
- Keep updated! We frequently add articles to enhance our privacy consciousness.
- With a sufficiently large community support, we will start developing software solutions
- Eventually, we will plan community actions and you can decide to take voluntary part
Latest update: 18/09/2017 12:00 EET
Spyware has been spotted targeting the phones of journalists, lawyers and television personalities. The Canada-based Citizen Lab and a number of Mexican NGOs identified the spyware’s activities in a recent report. The report uncovers the targeting of 10 Mexican citizens, including journalists, human rights lawyers and public health officials by malware, suspected to be Pegasus […]
VISITING the homes of poor Africans who want to borrow money helps Finca International, an American microfinance firm, weed out likely deadbeats. If an applicant has an indoor toilet, or household gifts from a relative working abroad, that is a good sign. Interviewing neighbours also helps, says Mike Gama-Lobo, who looks after Finca’s operations in […]
Learn about three famous gadgets that are always listening you and how to stop them. Imagine driving down a dark, deserted road when your tire blows out. There’s no one around, but, thankfully, you’re not alone. “Hey, Siri. Call roadside assistance.” A second later, you get a response in a warm and comforting voice, “Calling […]